If you have wavy or curly hair, you know that achieving your best texture isn’t wash-and-go. Ringlets require careful styling that straight haired people just don’t understand.
To make the most of your curly hair, try these tips we’ve picked up for you.
- 1. Dry curly hair by pressing gently with a microfiber towel. Rubbing hair can rough up the cuticle and cause hair to frizz.
- 2. Curly hair seems to grow slower than straight hair because its length is all coiled up. But that doesn’t mean you should skip trims; see your hairstylist for split end maintenance every two months.
- 3. The one thing all curly and wavy hair needs is moisture. Use shampoo and condition hydrating products, salt and sulfate free and use a moisturizing mask on your hair once a week. We like Kanechom Aloe Vera ($14.99)
- 4. Curly hair tends to get tangled easily. To avoid stubborn knots and tangles we recommend Diva Glide detangling brush ($9.99). Start with at the ends working upwards
- 5. Avoid products with sulfates, alcohol and salt, which can dry out and damage curls.
What causes dandruff? How can I treat dandruff?
The exact cause of dandruff, also known as scurf or Pityriasis simplex capillitii is unknown. ...read more
Nourish and restore your hair
When your hair loses moisture, it can become brittle, dull and lifeless. To hydrate and ...read more
What is a Keratin Treatment?
Keratin is a protein that is the key structural building block for hair, skin and ...read more
Great hair for men
Having great hair is more than the cut and hairstyle. After a visiting a barber ...read more